What is 211?
211 is a three-digit phone number, 2-1-1, and website (www.211ontario.ca) to provide information on community, social, health and government services in Ontario. We are here to help Ontario residents find support to be resilient and resourceful, no matter what life situation is challenging them. 211 is here to help you find the right service in your community that meets your needs. You can call or search our website 24 hours a day, every day of the year – even on holidays. Calls are free, anonymous and confidential. 211’s phone service is available in over 150 languages. 211’s website is bilingual and helps you find services that can serve you in both French and English.
Ontario’s community and social services provide a wide range of programs and services to help individuals and families regain control during difficult times. They are then able to live better lives and become confidently engaged within their community. Each service has its own criteria when applying depending on a variety of considerations such as income, age, location, accessibility, language and other situations. 211 is here to help you find the right service.
What is 211ontario.ca?
A bilingual directory of more than 56,000 agencies and services together on one searchable web site.
Why can you trust 211’s information and referral
- 211 is answered by Certified Information and Referral Specialists through the Alliance of Information and Referral Systems (AIRS)
- 211’s phone lines are answered live – no menus, no machines
- 211’s information is updated at a minimum of once a year but often more frequently
- 211 is an award winning service for customer satisfaction
- 93 % of callers to 211 were very satisfied with their experience
- 89 % of callers felt they got what they needed
- 85 % of callers found 211 staff were able to resolve their call
- 81 % per cent felt 211 staff went the extra mile to find helpful answers
What is Alliance of Information and Referral Systems (AIRS)?
AIRS is the international standards body for information and referral services. It is responsible for accrediting an organization and certifying individual staff, both resource specialists and I&R specialists.